School Board to Begin Superintendent Interviews Next Week
POSTED: 4:29 p.m. EDT, January 28, 2011
By: FCCPS Communications
The Falls Church City School Board is about to take the next important step in the process of filling the position of superintendent in preparation for the June retirement of Dr. Lois F. Berlin. Dr. Berlin has served for seven years as the FCCPS superintendent.
“Our nationwide search for a new leader, which began last fall, has resulted in a strong, diverse pool of high-quality candidates,” said School Board Chairman Joan Wodiska. “The School Board is more confident than ever that we will find a new Superintendent to lead us into the future.”
In all, 26 completed applications arrived from Virginia to California to New York and include current and former superintendents, central office administrators, principals and others. The school board has blocked out February 1st through the 15th to conduct the first round of interviews.
SUPERINTENDENT APPLICANTS: By The Numbers
- 6 current former/superintendents
- 11 assistant/deputy superintendents
- 5 central office administrators
- 2 principal/building level administrators
- 2 other
- 20 men – 6 women
- 19 white – 7 non-white
- 10 Virginia applicants
- 16 out-of-state applications: Maryland (4), Pennsylvania (3), New York (2), and one each from Wisconsin, Illinois, California, Oklahoma, Georgia, Rhode Island and Nevada.