Registration at George Mason High School for the year 2013-14 has 2 steps:
Once you have obtained residency in Falls Church City, proceed to the FCCPS Online Enrollment page at www.fccps.org > Registration and complete the address verification and student registration. Your submission will be reviewed and approved by the George Mason High School registrar.
- * You must have an approved Falls Church City residence reserved/owned/leased before you begin the registration process.
- * A hard copy of the registration is available upon request for those choosing not to complete the steps online.
In the months of June – August, once the online registration is completed and approved, a Course Request form will be emailed to you for completion.
Once you have completed the online registration, you may call (703) 248-5525 or email email@example.com (Mid-June through Mid-August) or firstname.lastname@example.org (all other months) to schedule your enrollment appointment. Below lists in detail what will be required from you prior to or at the enrollment appointment (much of which you will have the option to upload on the registration page or email to us prior to your appointment). All of the required items must be approved and on file before a student will be issued a GMHS class schedule.
- * If you do not have all the documentation and immunizations that are required for enrollment turned in by or at your appointment time, you will not be able to register and will be required to reschedule your appointment. If you are unsure of whether you meet these requirements, please call and ask the counseling office prior to your appointment.
- * Please note that George Mason High School’s registration requirements and practices may be different from those of other FCCPS schools. What is required or practiced at one school may not be at GMHS.
- * Both the parent/guardian (listed on student birth certificate or court documents) and student are required to attend the enrollment appointment.
|Falls Church City Boundaries Map||http://virginia.hometownlocator.com/schools||Enter “George Mason High”|
|Falls Church City Tuition Program||www.fccps.org/board/policies/9/9_21R.pdf|
|George Mason High School||www.fccps.org/gm|
George Mason Registration Requirements
1) Proof of Birth: An original or certified copy of the student’s birth certificate is required (copies not accepted)
* If a birth certificate is not available, a notarized birth certificate affidavit with substantiating documentation is required (available in the GMHS counseling office).
*The student’s legal name as shown on the original birth certificate will be entered in the student record.
*Changes to an original birth certificate must be supported by court documentation.
*A translation is required for certificates not in English.
2) Proof of Residence: Rental Lease / Property Deed (settlement papers) with current utility bill (power or gas only)
* The student must be accompanied by his/her birth parent or court-appointed guardian with whom he/she resides with at the time of enrollment (if guardianship, court documentation is required). The accompanying adult may be required to show photo ID.
* If the family is living in the residence of a friend/relative, a notarized residency affidavit (available in the GMHS counseling office) is required and must be accompanied by the owners/renters lease or deed.
* Physical presence of the parent/guardian in the residence of the child is required for tuition-free enrollment. A change in enrollment status may be necessary if this condition is not met.
* The parent/guardian must notify the school when their home address changes and provide proof of the new residence. Moving out of Falls Church City makes the student no longer eligible to attend George Mason.
3) Previous K-12 School Records:
* An official, sealed final transcript is required for all high school credit bearing courses.
* Grades to the date of last withdrawal (report cards, interims, unofficial transcript)
* National, state and standardized testing records (PSAT, SAT, ACT, SOL’s, Iowa Test, Terra Nova, etc.)
* Any ESL, SPED, TAPP, 504 records
4) Health and Immunization Records: Please use the below worksheet to ensure full compliance
No enrollment appointment until minimum requirements are met
* Other exception countries can be found at: www.vdh.virginia.gov/Epidemiology/DiseasePrevention/Programs/Tuberculosis/documents/ExceptionList_012712_2.pdf